1) DS&F Ltd (REG No 11857266) trading as BELLS YEW GREEN SELF STORAGE and hereinafter referred to as (BYGSS) is the owner of the storage containers being offered for hire, and includes BYGSS’s successors, assignees or any personal representative, but the term “owner” shall not be deemed to imply any condition of sale of title of the stored items.
2) You the Hirer is deemed to be any of the following, Your registerd Company, firm, person, or Corporation or public authority, BYGSS’s units are on hire to and includes all of their successors, personal representatives or nominated parties, and they are deemed to have knowledge of the goods in the Container and warrants that it (they) are/is the owner of the goods and/or entitled at law to deal with them in accordance with all aspects of this agreement as for the owner.
3) Containers refers to any storage container offered for hire by BYGSS.
4) A week is deemed to be a 7 day week, or part thereof, a month will be deemed to have 31 days.
1) The hire period commences at the time agreed by The Hirer and BYGSS, which may not necessarily be at the time the Hirer starts occupation of the container. The agreed hire period will continue until terminated in accordance with the terms of this contract.
2) The minimum hire period is 10 days and must be paid for in advance, and on an ongoing basis for each rental cycle.
3) The notice period is 14 days and must fall within the current rental period.
4) If 14 days notice is given at the end of a rental period, this will month minimum, unless otherwise agreed.
ACCESS & AVAILABILITY:
1) The hirer has the right to access the container during the publicised opening hours – any access required out of the published hours is by agreement with BYGSS and must be confirmed by email 48 hours prior to the required day/time of entry.
2) Only The Hirer or any of its appointed representatives can access the container, BYGSS may require proof of identity in advance for any appointed representatives, and may at the sole discretion of BYGSS refuse access to any person who is unable to comply.
EXTENT OF THE CONTRACT:
1) English Law shall apply at all times to all/any contracts incorporating these conditions.
2) BYGSS will only accept contracts incorporating these conditions, no variation to these conditions will be deemed to be valid unless agreed with BYGSS in advance by writing.
3) The Hirer shall be deemed to have accepted the conditions of hire incorporated within the terms of the hire agreement, either by signature or by making the first payment due in respect of the hire of the containers, whichever comes first.
1) The containers will be provided in good condition and suitable for hire, and will be deemed to be in suitable condition for hire by the hirer upon receipt of the first payment or receipt of the signed contract by BYGSS.
2) No conditions or warranties other than those specified shall be implied or deemed to be incorporated and form part of the contract.
1) The Hirer is solely responsible for ensuring the unit is locked in order to be secure in the absence of the Hirer.
2) The Hirer must not store or permit another party to store any of the following; goods which emit an odur whilst in storage, Firearms,Munitions,Chemicals,Explosives,Radioative materials, Flammable items, Stolen items,Living plants or animals or Foodstuffs or perishable goods, Livestock, Waste or environmentally harmful products.
3) The Hirer will use the container for storage purposes only, no other activity is permitted.
4) The Hirer must exercise reasonable care when on site and have respect for the facility and other users, and comply with the reasonable directions of any BYGSS employee/agent or other authorised individual.
5) The Hirer accepts that the container is suitable for purpose, BYGSS makes no other representation or warranty and accepts no other liability in this regard.
6) The Hirer must give notice to BYGSS in writing of any change of address,phone number or email address.
7) The Hirer shall be responsible for the dafe keeping of the Container(s), shall ensure that it/they are clean and in a good state of repair and shall be liable for any loss of or damage to the Container(s) how-so-ever caused.
8) The Hirer shall fully indemnify BYGSS in respect of all claims by any person whatsoever for injury to persons or damage to property caused by or in connection with the use of the Container(s) and in connection with charges and expenses in connection therewith whether arising under statute or common law.
9) Any items left unattended in common areas or outside The Hirer’s unit may at any time, at BYGSS discretion, be moved, sold or disposed of.
1) Under no circumstances is sub-letting permitted
INSPECTION OF UNITS:
1) The Hirer shall carry out regular inspections of the Container(s) and report any damage or defects to BYGSS
2) BYGSS reserves the right to inspect/have access to the Container for reasons which will be disclosed to the Hirer. Such disclosure may be before or after the inspection has taken place
1) BYGSS accepts no responsibility whatsoever for any consequential loss in connection with the hire of its container(s). BYGSS has no knowledge of what is being stored, and the Hirer acknowledges this accordingly.
BYGSS – OUR RIGHTS:
1) During the hire period, if The Hirer makes or proposes any composition with his creditors or commit any act of bankruptcy or if The Hirer, as a Ltd Co, goes into liquidation or suffers any distress or execution to be levied against him, or causes the rights of BYGSS to be prejudiced this agreement will be terminated immediately, and BYGSS may take possession of the Container(s) without further notice immediately, without prejudice to any other rights BYGSS may have.
2) The storage fee or other items may be varied at any time and new T&C added, and will be notified to The Hirer accordingly
3) The modified T&C will come into effect on the first payment due occurring not less than 28 days after the date of notice. The Hirer may terminate without charge before the change takes place by giving the requisite notice, otherwise The hirer’s continued use of the Container will be considered to be an acceptance of and agreement to the amended terms.
TERMINATION OF HIRE:
1) If The Hirer fails to pay all or part of the rent due, as and when it falls due, or fails to observe and perform any of the conditions of the contract, or if the contract is terminated prematurely by The Hirer, BYGSS may treat the agreement as terminated and has the right to take possession of the container(s). The exercise of this right of forfeiture is without prejudice to any other rights BYGSS may possess under common law.
2) Either party may terminate this agreement by giving 14 days notice in writing.
3) BYGSS will make every effort to communicate with you at all of your known email/postal addresses and telephone No’s in respect of No 2 above, in the event of not being able to contact The Hirer, we deem that notice has been served, once the notice has been sent to all of contact details we hold.
4) In the event of a breach of this agreement BYGSS, may terminate the agreement immediately by serving notice. In such an event BYGSS will charge additionally to the deposit held, for loss of storage fees owed and any apportioned storage fees if less than the required notice period is given.
5) The Hirer must remove all goods stored before the close of business on the termination date and leave the Container in a clean state and good condition satisfactory to BYGSS. In the event this is not the case, BYGSS reserve the right to retain the deposit, charge a cleaning fee and/or seek full reimbursement from The Hirer. In the event the goods are not removed, BYGSS reserve the right to remove them and dispose or sell them accordingly.
1) BYGSS does not provide insurance for your contents, it is important that you arrange your own cover, and you will be deemed to have a suitable policy in place for your requirements, and that by signing The Hirer agreement you are agreeing to this clause.
1) The Hirer must pay 1 months deposit which will be held by BYGSS for the duration of the hire, and will be returned with 30 days following the termination of the hire, by electronic bank transfer as long as BYGSS has not had to terminate the agreement for any reason.
2) Hire costs must be paid on the 1st day of each month, by either bank transfer/direct debit or credit card. BYGSS does not issue monthly statements, it is The Hirer’s responsibility to make the correct payment. Any payments returned or unpaid by your bank/credit card will be subject to additional late payment fees
3) All payments to BYGSS must be clearly referenced with your name and Container No(s).
4) Should BYGSS have to instruct any of the following, Solicitors, Debt Enforcement personnel, or other collection agencies under any circumstances these additional costs, will be added to the sum owed by The Hirer to BYGSS
5) If any fees owed are not paid on the due date BYGSS reserves the right to, refuse The Hirer access to the Container, overlock The Container, apply the deposit against the outstanding sum in all or part, apply a lien over The Container and its contents until the account is brought up-to date.
6) The Hirer accepts that BYGSS will continue to charge all applicable costs from the date the debt becomes due until the debts is repaid in full, or the goods are sold or disposed of.